CosyTex is a knitted net made from UV stabilised thermal poly tapes and is used as a fleece. It is transparent in colour, has very good light transmission, and weighs 38 grams per sq. metre.
- CosyTex is used as an alternative to fleece because it can be used for several seasons, and therefore the problems associated with disposing of it in accordance with farm waste management regulations every year are only relevant every few years.
- CosyTex can withstand up to 300 Kilo Langleys of UV radiation which makes it suitable for over 4 years of constant use in the UK.
- Equally because it is made from PE it is also suitable for recycling.
|Chains per inch||Meshes/ cm||Unit mass g/sq.m||Strength Long N/m||Strength Transv. N/m||Light screening factor %||Light resistance Kly||Standard lateral selvages||Lateral selvages with eyelets|
The advantages of CosyTex are
- Drier micro climate than under fleece.
- No condensation, and therefore less fungal disease on salad crops.
- Made from Thermally efficient, UV stabilised, polythene and therefore retains heat at night better than non woven fabric fleeces.
- CosyTex does not go soft where it becomes wet alongside the soil.
Very strong and therefore ideally suited to very windy exposed sites where non woven fleeces suffer damage.
- Much more even transmission of either irrigation water, or rain.
- Offers protection against animals and birds as well as some protection against aphids.
- Animals do not penetrate CosyTex with their feet as they cross the field. (Unless they are really big)
- If CosyTex gets muddy it can be cleaned with a hosepipe or pressure washer.
- Because of its strength CosyTex is not only suitable for any crop where you are using a non woven fabric type fleece, but it is also ideally suited to protect crops that would normally shred a non woven fleece, like some species of Hardy Nursery Stock.
Available in roll sizes of 2mX200m- 4mX200m - 6mX200m - 8mX200m - 10mX100m - 12mX100m and 16mX100m